10. Use your outside rein (do your best to keep the horse "straight").
9. Follow the horse's back with your back (ride "in" the movement).
8. Refine your aids - hands, legs, seat, weight.
7. Video your rides and analyze.
6. Set realistic goals (small and achievable).
5. Ride regularly.
4. Lesson regularly.
3. Ride in and/or audit clinics.
2. Read, read and read some more.
1. LISTEN TO YOUR HORSE!
* Do you have any other New Year's riding resolutions? Comment below! *
Most importantly, if you like what you are reading, become a subscriber and receive updates when new Horse Listening articles are published! Your email address will not be used on any other distribution list. Subscribe to Horse Listening by Email